Monsieur Verdoux’s seduction technique

On 18/09/2010, in dating, by admin

From “Monsieur Verdoux”, by Charlie Chaplin, 1947. Klik dan hier voor het eBoek van Jonathan en Oscar – koop het nu vrijblijvend met 30 dagen, niet goed geld terug garantie (100% gegarandeerd) >>> Slechts € 39,97 – Klik Hier

From “Monsieur Verdoux”, by Charlie Chaplin, 1947.

25 Responses to “Monsieur Verdoux’s seduction technique”

1. saagua1953 says:

Perhaps his best movie of all. It took many years before it was fully appreciated in the USA.

2. babeswithbrains says:

@TheChaplinLover very young. nevertheless he was quite the pedo

3. TheChaplinLover says:

Kind of cute since Chaplin particularly loved very young women. He was SO charming!

4. TheChaplinLover says:

5. xhellonhighheels69x says:

damn, no wonder chaplin had such a history/reputation with women, just look at him work! (worked on me :)
    :D~

6. jx14aby says:

I’m gonna try that tomorrow.

7. seanburke100 says:

An utterly charming man. The voice, the demeanor. Oh, the charm of that man!

Jeanne

8. dglekjofg says:

Very overlooked, indeed. From the very beginning, this film had a lot of troubles with U.S. censorship, and I think this is the main reason for its oblivion. I realized that when I wrote a research paper on Monsieur Verdoux for the Cinema course of my Master’s degree programme, some years ago (I am very proud of being among the few who didn’t overlook this movie!).

9. starburstsourpower says:

And probably cuz she was too old for him. Lol.

10. brabon1 says:

i think he and goddard split, because he had a need to be in control…and she wasnt the controlling kind

11. starburstsourpower says:

Yeah. He should have just stuck with Paulette Goddard. At least she was legal when they first met. And she isn’t bad looking.

12. brabon1 says:

had he not married them, he couldve gone to jail

and just because their gold digging mothers pushed the relationships doesnt change the fact that charlie was a hebephile

oona’s father thought the relationship was totally gross

and to think….oona couldve married salinger and maybe saved him from a lifetime of depression

13. starburstsourpower says:

Haha. That’s a bogus thing to say. But you’re kinda right though. He didn’t molest 16 year old girls though. Besides, it was different back in his days.

14. brabon1 says:

if all men were like charlie, they would all be out molesting 16 year old girls

15. starburstsourpower says:

Charlie Chaplin is very romantic. I love him. Why can’t all men be like that.

16. dplatonic says:

i think I’ve known you all my life!

17. SabraMagdalena says:

Oh man, I fell in love along with the flowergirl!

18. TheLittleFelloow says:

What a romantic voice! I would have falling in love with that guy! :D He’s a beautiful actor, very good! I feel that he has more feelings now and have more character there.

19. Tsubahi says:

Chaplin was such a beautiful-looking man even into his middle age.

20. Nordenwald says:

Have to agree with you on Verdoux – Chaplin deployed the unsuspected depths of his subversive qualities there. I’m surprised to read all the comments here that find him “romantic” in this scene when he’s just the opposite… he makes seduction a pretty sordid, mechanical business… and manages to make it funny at the same time! But the acerbic sarcasm is lost on a lot of people it seems – I guess that accounts for the film’s relative failure…

21. massiveham says:

overlooked, under-rated and unjustly dismissed. i just watched it again the other night and thought “what a punk he was.” the rebel, nervy film-maker to the end. i find this much more moving than ‘limelight.’ come to think of it, ‘king in new york’ is more fun than most films i’ve seen in the last 20 years! viva charlot!

22. darko8111 says:

@ 4:15: The flowergirl fell in love :)

23. 007rocksalotmann says:

Yes, and you also woulndt want him to murder you.

24. 007rocksalotmann says:

Yes, he would not. But he would still be a genius.

25. 007rocksalotmann says:

In Limelight, without the makeup of the Tramp, he looks like he was at the time, an early 60s man, but with it, he looks 20 years younger!